After ordination in 1902, at the age of 32, Rev. J. Albert Lousley’s first charge was in Napinka, Manitoba. From there he served Norway House, in northern Manitoba, as principal, missionary and superintendent. From 1916 until his retirement in 1940 he served congregations in southern Manitoba, including Victoria Avenue Methodist/United Church in Brandon, Neepawa, Arden and Gregg – Wellwood. Rev. Lousley retired in 1940 but came out of retirement to serve Lakeview United Church in Ontario for several years.
The images in the fonds consist of 20 black and white photos pertaining to the First Methodist Church and Mission House at Island Lake, and canoe trips between Island Lake, God’s Lake, Oxford House and Norway House, dating from 1900 and 1914.
All the photographs have been digitized and an item level description is available.
Number of Images in this fonds: 20
This is only a sampling of the photographs in the fonds. All of the images in the fonds have been digitized and are available upon request. Please contact the Archivist.
Number of Images in this gallery: 11
Please contact the Archives regarding requests for copies or use of these images.
Click on the image to expand. Use the arrows on the expanded image to view as a slideshow. (scroll down to see photos)